We finally left Vatulele and met up with our new friends Richard and Hilary for a hike on the main island before boarding our plane for home. We went to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, where we saw some orchids and other cool flowers and had a great, last stroll in Fiji.
Final Fiji memories and impressions, to hopefully bring back a smile when we re-read this in the coming years:
- Smiles everywhere.
- Our many-times-daily sunblock and bugspray ritual.
- Lukewarm water at Namale (and lots of laughing about it).
- Fiji Water everywhere, without the usual shipped-across-an-ocean guilt. :)
- The Vatulele bartender shouting "CHEERS."
- You push light switches down to turn the lights on.
- Namale's concrete hexagrams with the names of past guests.
- Fijians consistently calling me "Willi"
- Namale band consistently singing about "wasting away in Margaritavill-ie"
- Indian, Australian, and New Zelander tourists.
- Yachties in Savusavu.