Today, Sunday, we spent at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk watching Kate finish her second triathalon. It was sunny but not too hot, and we managed to escape after only eating some kabobs (no corndogs, or ice cream, or cotton candy, much to my dismay, but probably better for my health).
My favorite moments of the day were:
1. Kate finishing the triathalon. It was really something to see the look on people's faces when they finally saw the finish line (all decked out), after swimming 1.3 miles, biking 56 miles, and running 13 miles. Kate had a sore knee, but finished. It was enough to convince Will and I to try a half-marathon, which we might do sometime.
2. Will kissing me on the pier.
3. The barking, huge sealions. They would sun themselves on the support beams and scratched themselves like dogs. They were really cute.
4. A golden, five-month-old cocker spaniel we met on the boardwalk.
5. Going to Chocolate Cafe in downtown Santa Cruz and eating the best chicken soup ever.
We had a great time.